Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'll do sit-ups...DAMN IT!

I, like most people my size, am not the biggest fan of exercise. That being said, once I am exercising, I don't loathe it nearly as much. It just takes me an inordinate amount of time to will my fat behind onto the Treadmill/Nordic Track/Elliptical/Bike/Wii Fit/Mat/[Enter Name Of OtherTorture Device Here]. 

Here's pretty much how the story unfolds inside of my head:




Still, once I'm finally working out, I put in the time and the effort (*smirk*). 

Except when it comes to doing sit-ups. 

What is it about sit-ups that makes me hate them so much? They don't make me sweat profusely. I certainly don't get out of breath while doing them...except for when I'm doing a set of runners, but even those aren't really that bad. 

I also notice the effects of sit-ups fairly quickly. My abs have always been 'receptive' to exercise. I also like having a flatter tummy (who doesn't?). Oh, and stronger abs helps to improve my posture which helps to clear up pain issues from sitting behind a desk throughout the day at work. 

What the hell is my problem? 

Clearly I'm not the first person to decide that sit-ups suck. From the ab-roller to the ab-flex and even that crazy electrode contraption that causes ab contractions (I can't lie and pretend that I haven't considered buying it or that I'm not STILL considering buying it)...we've been trying to find viable alternatives to the good old fashioned sit-up. Heck, even Elizabeth Hasselbeck is pimping some new ab-tastic contraption! 

Alas, like cleaning the toilet on a fairly regular basis, there are just some things a girl has gotta do to keep up appearances. 

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I just found your blog and I LOVE that you posted this video for how you get to go, go, go exercise...classic! Lose the weight but not your terrific sense of humor, you'll make it through this journey :P

FitterorFatterat44.blogspot.com

Shan said...

LOL! Thank you! I aim to become one of the first to keep her funny after getting skinny ;-) First things first, I've got to get up off of my big behind and exercise!

Post a Comment